Friday, July 23, 2010

Madness and Mayhem

Today Clyde was being quite bold with everyone. Begging, climbing, jumping, stealing. But I'll start at the beginning. We went to our friends' house, (the Lundwalls) and he was begging at the lunch table. He doesn't usually do that at home. Then he was biting at the spider plant and cactus in the corner. After some running outside, he calmed down and laid on the floor, soon falling asleep. Oh, and did I mention he was putting up his front paws on my chair in the hope of food? Then we took him to my grandparents and put him in the playpen. When I went in to change into my bathing suit, he hopped out of it and wouldn't let my grandpa near him. After that we kept him out on the leash. Soon after, he decided to jump up on the small wooden table my grandpa built. Oh Clyde. Now lets move inside. We took him in and both he and Buddy, (the other dog), were both loose. It went well- and then Clyde took Buddy's bone. Just picked it up, walked to the other side of the room, and sat down to chew it. On the upside, the dogs definitely got along. We also learned earlier today, (before any of this) he could be let off his leash in the park. We took him for a nice long walk and took the leash off for some of it. He likes to run- he'll almost keep up with me when I run in front of him. He also listens well when told to sit or come. Speaking of sit, when we stopped home in between the park and the visits, I was trying to towel off his wet paws and my mom was helping me find an easier way to do it. She said to sit, hint hint, 'Indian style', so he could lean on me. Upon hearing the word sit, he st right down. Good boy Clyde! :)

1 comment:

  1. Walking with him at Three Rivers was a lot of fun. I love the way he bobs up and down when he gets going. He is Mr. Personality Plus.

    ReplyDelete