Friday, July 30, 2010

Clyde's Longest Car Ride Yet

Today we embarked on the first portion of our trip to North Carolina. We stopped in Pennsylvania on the way. Clyde rode in the back seat with me the whole time, in and out of his crate. Eventually, we had to give him some food for his dinner. I took out the canned food- Alpo chicken and gravy. I fed it to him from my hand, keeping the can between my knees. When he finished what was in my hand, he went to lap up the gravy from the can. I put the re-usable lid on  and stood it up in the bag to get him some dry food. He knocked off the lid and had some more. Later on, we went to a place called Sheetz, so I could grab some quick dinner. Part of it was chicken strips and Clyde was going up, down and around to get his share. Nothing can stop a hungry Weiner Dog!
      On the walk to Sheetz, we had to cross a street with a bit of traffic. It took a while and all the noise was making Clyde a bit nervous. He let me pick him up and carry him across the street. Then when I went in to get the food and Clyde stayed with my mom by the door. When I came back out, my mom said he had been shaking like a leaf. That's Clyde's update for the day. Check out my mom's guest post about his time with out me yesterday.

1 comment:

  1. Pretty funny. a long weinter dog wanting long chicken strips. Get it?!? Ha ha. He's such the rascal, going after a closed can for more food.

    ReplyDelete