Monday, July 19, 2010

Clyde's Family Meeting

Two Grandparents, One Aunt, Two Cousins, One Friend, and One Bigger Dog. This was what met Clyde at his first outing besides walks since he arrived. My mom and I coaxed him into the car, though he was shaking and his tail was between his legs once he got there. It was as if he thought he was going to be returned to his shelter. With some gentle pets and strokes along his back he relaxed and we were on our way.
When we walked in through the garage, the two younger boys were playing in the pool. Sitting/standing around on the patio, was my other cousin, my grandparents, and my aunt. Oh, and I can't forget Newtown's Alpha Dog, Buddy. Sniff, sniff, sniff. Buddy's first reaction to us walking in with another dog. After a little while, I was in the pool and Clyde was safely being smelled through the holes of a small section of playpen. He calmly took in his surroundings and got comfortable in his little area.
Getting him into the car to go home was much easier than the first time. He hopped in himself and got up on the seat. Long live Clyde!

1 comment: