Sunday, July 18, 2010

The Beginning of Clyde's Training

Today I began attempting to train Clyde to sit. The method I learned to use was having a treat in my hand and drawing it back over his head in the hope that his nose would follow it and he would sit at the same time. He is a very smart dog and did a very good job. He also knew when enough was enough, and walked off when he was done. It is a multiple day project- I still have to add the word sit, add distractions, and soon have him get used to doing it in different situations and places.
We also took him on a longer walk than usual today, and he really came out of his shyness shell, and began to lead me on his leash. The way he acted so shy at the shelter indicated that it could take weeks or months for him to adjust to a new home, but he is already doing great.

2 comments:

  1. He has an awesome friend in you, sweet girl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Off and running. Uh, I mean sitting. Uh, well, nevermind. Good luck, kiddo.

    ReplyDelete