Sunday, August 22, 2010

Clyde Is Finally Home

Clyde has just finished expierencing the whole 'family in North Carolina together' adventure. First, my mom and I drive with him to York, Pennslyvania and stay the night. Then we continue on to North Carolina where we spend four days alone at the second house owned by my grandparents. We stay up late Monday night until my two cousins, (both rowdy boys after a sixteen hour car ride with lots of traffic, Ages 8 and 11) and their mom arrive. It stays that way for a week and he has adventures on the beach, and fun with foxes. Next, my grandparents join us with their dog Buddy, who is more than twice Clyde's size and an avid sniffer. During that week, my mom and I take our second trip to Wilmington, a gorgeous town in NC, and Clyde stays with everyone else, in his crate, but not for long, they let him out thinking it is time for a walk, but he won't let anyone near him to put on the leash. He did however do his buisness- during his quick laps around the house. Ew! When we got back we had a syrprise for Clyde- a blue muscle shirt that had spoiled written on it in script. Later that week my dad came down, and Clyde was experiencing what it is like to live with four adults, ( my aunt had left, two were my parents and two were my grandparents), Buddy, two boys, and me. After my dad got their, my mom and dad brought Alex, the older boy, to see the Battleship North Carolina. That day, Adam, the younger one, and I set up a Clydr photo shoot. Inside, we used sheets and bedspreads for backdrops. We took some with his shirt and some without. We dressed him in Adam's camo army jacket and hat to take some pics. Thrn we took some with us in them, with his toys, surrounded by all the props, under the bed, and asleep. Then we took him outside and I ran him to get him looking cheerful. Adam got some action shots, and some cute ones of the two of us. We took a few more inside after that, so be on the lookout for new pictures of Clyde. A couple days after, we left. The boys, grandma, grandpa, and Buddy in the truck, my dad and I in our car. Clyde stayed with my mom, and that day he rab away. Just the two of us went back and he returned that night. We left again and Clyde stayed a week with my mom ehile I was at camp. Now we are all home and Clyde has warmed up and likes to play. He comes when called to not just me, he'll play and walk away from me towards my mom and dad, and his tail is up more.

2 comments:

  1. What a vacation for Clyde. I am glad to hear he is getting accustomed to your routine. He will be a good dog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is coming along. Like a kid, he tests the limits all the time!

    ReplyDelete