Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Clyde is a Changed Man

Guest post from Adella's mom: Clyde is with me in North Carolina while Della is at camp with her best friend in New Hampshire. I am happy to report I have not lost him for a second time. In fact, he's been pretty darn clingy these past few days, sharing my lounge chair in the afternoon and climbing onto his side of the bed at night. The streets must have been tough the day he was away. Better than that, though, he is smiling and his tail is up when we go for a walk. He is perky and silly and a lot less nervous. For example, I am allowed to find him and share a little bit of cheddar cheese with him at lunchtime. I am allowed to wake him up from his nap on dad's chair to see if he needs to do the biz before I go back to the beach. And he merrily jumps into his crate when it's time for me to go out without him. I know I am no replacement for Adella, but I am glad he gets that two people can love him at the same time!

1 comment:

  1. Clyde is such a handsome dude. He will be a great friend. I knew a dauschhaund named Hobie. He loved to swim and was a great friend to have. E.B.White used to write about his dauschaunds. Entertaining animals, great personalities.

    ReplyDelete